2009 highlights and achievements
- Turnover Deloitte Southern Africa (FY2009): R2.74 billion (growth of 11%).
- Turnover Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (FY2009): declared a combined revenue increase of 18.6% in US$ with revenue of US$24 billion (2008: US$23.7 billion), marking its sixth consecutive year of member firm double-digit revenue growth.
- Number of new partners/directors appointed in 2009: 22.
- Financial Advisory Services restructured to become Risk Advisory under the leadership of Dave Kennedy on 1 June 2009.
- Lwazi Bam appointed to lead Public Sector Industry.
- Our innovation programme launched a number of successful businesses, including Deloitte Mining Advisory Services (DMAS), Climate Change Solutions, Customer Experience and Corporate Real Estate Solutions which are helping to differentiate us in the market.
- The “growing reputations” campaign was extremely successful in the market and contributed significantly in building our brand.
- We have increased the focus on the Crown Jewels, which make up over 50% of the firm’s revenue and we are starting to reap the rewards.
- We launched Project Velocity, our SAP implementation project which aims to provide us with improved management information that will enhance our ability to manage our firm. Go live was 1 September 2009.
- The Deloitte Way has been entrenched into our firm and is indeed part of our life. The Deloitte Way 2010 Staff Engagement and Recognition Programme has contributed significantly in highlighting the behaviours that are necessary in achieving our strategic vision.
- Formation of the Talent Board and the appointment of the Head of Talent. All BULs are, through the Talent Board, held accountable for the management of Talent in the various business units. This has provided an opportunity to share best practice with respect to the development and retention of talent.
- Our staff complement is now 50% black and 50% white. It is also 50% male and 50% female. This gives us a strong platform from which to work as we continue to focus on achieving our long-term goal – to be a professional home in which everyone can succeed and to ultimately reflect the demographics of our country.
- Currently, 27.3% of our partners and directors are black. This translates to 67 partners / directors – the highest number of black partners / directors in any firm in South Africa, including the Black firms.
- Our level 3 BEE rating (82.3% in FY2009, 80.8% in FY2008) is a testimony to the commitment of the firm’s leadership and the many individual individuals who work towards the achievement of our transformation goals.
- Deloitte was recognised by ABASA for the fourth consecutive year, for qualifying the highest number of black Chartered Accountants nationally in the 2009 qualifying examination in the TIPP (Training in Public Practice) category.
- Working Differently takes flexible work arrangements to a whole new level. We know that mobility, flexibility and a need for work-life balance is what our people want. By Working Differently, we are redefining our work place.
|Deloitte Pretoria Marathon has grown our brand in Gauteng||