Deloitte LLP UK Environmental policy statement
It is the policy of Deloitte LLP UK to minimise the potentially significant impacts of our operations and services on the environment. We will promote sustainability and environmental awareness at all levels of decision-making.
In defining our programme of improved environmental performance and pollution reduction, we will:
- Comply with the letter and spirit of all relevant environmental legislation.
- Adopt a purchasing programme that takes into account the environmental impact of products and services in areas of key concern.
- Implement waste management strategies that promote waste minimisation, re-use, recovery and recycling where appropriate. Where these options are not available, we will ensure that our waste is disposed of in a way that minimises its impact on the environment.
- Incorporate energy efficiency measures into building design and promote efficient energy use in all areas of business activity.
- Seek to manage and reduce internal and client-facing travel.
- Ensure that our staff are aware of the environmental impacts of their work activities and encourage them through awareness raising and training to minimise those impacts.
- Pursue a programme of continuous improvement of our policies and practice.
- Ensure that our Policy is available for public review on request.
This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis to evaluate continued relevance and to monitor compliance
Date: 1st June 2011
Senior Partner & Chief Executive