Food & Beverage Update: First Quarter 2013
Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC
This quarter’s Food & Beverage Update, produced by Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC (DCF), summarizes recent transactions within this industry along with information on active buyers, current transaction valuation multiples and an overview of the public market’s perception of the industry.
- M&A activity in the Food & Beverage (“F&B”) industry decreased in Q1 2013 as a result of tax-driven M&A deal activity that pulled volume from Q1 2013 into Q4 2012. However, trading multiples across various F&B industry sectors (food packagers, ingredients, beverages, and retail) increased 7.3% on average during Q1 2013, compared to Q4 2012.
- Significant liquidity in the market is driving strong deal volume and a robust pricing environment.
- Private equity – significant dry powder, expanding leverage multiples are a key driver
- Strategics – high cash balances, strong appetite for new growth platforms
- International – strong interest from Asia and Latin America seeking access to U.S. consumers and brands
To read more, download the Food & Beverage Update.