Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC
As the corporate finance practice of the U.S. member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC has access to vast general industrial manufacturing relationships and experience. Through our international reach, broad contacts, and extensive transaction experience, we can assist you in originating, structuring, and executing the transactions that can allow you to capitalize on the robust current industry environment.
Industrial manufacturers are currently facing unique industry dynamics:
- Strategic expansion is pressuring companies to grow internationally in an effort to fuel their top-line and enhance profitability; yet as they enter each new market, the list of competitors increases, forcing them to fight for market share on multiple fronts.
- The China syndrome is pushing companies to develop strategies to compete with low-cost overseas competitors while simultaneously building their local presence in order to capitalize on the opportunities of the burgeoning local market.
- Virtually every aspect of manufacturing operations is impacted by raw material and fuel costs. Continuing spikes in these costs place enormous pressure on manufacturers' profits and their ability to compete effectively.
- Emerging markets continue to provide tremendous growth potential for industrial manufacturers.
- Developing plans to effectively identify and combat the vast set of risks and complexities associated with emerging markets are critical considerations in exploring this strategic alternative.
- As customers continue to demand ever-increasing degrees of product customization, manufacturers are forced to evaluate the effectiveness and affordability of meeting these demands.
Facing these and other issues, many industrial manufacturers are looking to be acquired by larger companies, shed non-core assets or build scale through acquisitions. The market pressures and need to build scale have also attracted private equity investors who recognize an opportunity to lead the necessary consolidation, internationalization and business changes to improve a company's competitive position. To this end, investors are looking to acquire general industrial companies, both in the United States and abroad.
Contact our General Industrials industry leader: Bob Coury