Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC
As the corporate finance practice of the U.S. member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC has access to relationships and expertise at many of the largest food and beverage companies and with industry financial investors.
In addition, by leveraging the global network and capabilities of the corporate finance practices of the DTTL member firms and affiliates, we can also help clients develop and execute cross border consumer business transactions.
Major trends are shaping the food & beverage industry today:
- As value-conscious consumers adopt a “recessionary mindset” and attempt to stretch their dollar in the challenging macro environment, retailers are benefiting as global private label sales continue to strengthen
- Private label product quality has improved significantly over the years, making private label an increasingly effective alternative to branded products
- In an effort to offset private label gains, branded manufacturers have increased their promotional and in-store activity to lure back price conscious consumers
- Consumer preference for health and wellness focused products is increasing in response to the rise of obesity and weight related diseases
- This is driving brand innovation and line extensions as manufacturers look to capitalize on consumers desire for products marketed with “green”, “sustainability”, and “health/wellness” connotations
- Green shoppers are a great consumer target, representing a high value segment who buy more products on each trip, visit the store more regularly, and demonstrate more brand and retailer loyalty in their purchasing behavior
- As a result of several high profile e-coli and salmonella scares, consumers are increasingly focused on how and where their products are produced. Manufactures and retailers are taking many of the following actions to enhance their food safety procedures:
- Requesting suppliers to become audited through recognized, accredited certification programs
- Improving the recall process by establishing electronic communication between manufacturers and retailers
In such a dynamic environment, are you considering a sale, acquisition or capital raise in order to maintain your competitive position and take advantage of these trends? We can help.
If it’s your deal, it’s a big deal. Discover why so many food and beverage companies trust us as their investment banker when they need transaction advisory services.
Contact our Food & Beverage leader: Matt Meyer