The Deloitte CIS Legal group has operated within the Tax & Legal department network since 1990. Our group comprises more than 60 lawyers working in 7 offices in Russia (Moscow, St. Petersburg and Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk) and other CIS countries. The Legal group provides clients with a wide range of legal professional services that satisfy both their business needs and current legislative requirements.
We specialize in consulting on the legislation of Russia and other CIS countries, and by cooperating effectively with Deloitte member firm offices outside of the CIS, we are able to assist clients whose requests require specific consulting knowledge of foreign law. Our integration into the global network of Deloitte member firms enables us to solve complicated issues that require a comprehensive understanding of the specifics of laws in different countries.
Responsibility, a tailored approach, and our determination to serve the best interests of our clients are all cornerstones of the Deloitte Legal group approach, along with our mutual respect and support for one another. We thrive on challenges and welcome opportunities to turn our experience into value for our clients today and peace of mind for them tomorrow. We strive constantly to make sure we justify our clients’ expectations.
Comprehensive legal services form an integral part of any international business. The CIS market is no exception, and the demand for outstanding legal practitioners is constantly growing. We at Deloitte offer a wide range of legal services and can assist you in the following areas:
- Advisory services on corporate law issues, including drafting of corporate documentation
- Registration services, including assistance with incorporation, reorganization, bankruptcy and liquidation
- M&A services including legal due diligence, preparation/review of all documentation related to a transaction in terms of its compliance with Russian legislation, transaction structuring and implementation, etc.
- Corporate governance services
- Preparation and implementation of distribution schemes
- Advisory services on intellectual property issues, including registration of intellectual property, preparation and registration of intellectual property related assignment agreements, support for e-commerce
- Advisory services on real estate and construction issues, including due diligence, negotiation and contract preparation for construction, sale-purchase, leasing activity
- Review and preparation of other types of contracts, including agency contracts, service contracts, storage contracts, franchising, etc.
- Advisory services on labor law issues
- Review and preparation of labor contracts and internal labor regulations and policies
- Preparation and implementation of stock option plans
- Establishment, licensing, reorganization and due diligence of financial institutions
- Structuring investments/capital raising including onshore and offshore investment funds
- Advisory services on banking, insurance and securities market issues
- Currency control consulting
- Derivatives/hedging transactions support and consulting
- Asset management consulting
- Private banking services including advisory on personal holding structures including trusts and fiduciary services