Download full guide
This year, in the 27th edition of the Annual Wealth Guide, we take a hard right turn to reflect today’s reality of a more stable planning outlook. Whereas the past few years we’ve focused on planning in the midst of uncertainty, the debate has died down on many fronts.
Managing wealth isn’t about anticipating the next political skirmish anymore – it’s about careful multi-year planning and keeping informed of any changes on both the federal and state levels.
What you’ll find in this year’s guide
The Annual Wealth Guide addresses today’s environment to help you make decisions for your long-term tax and wealth planning needs in this more stable landscape. The new guide discusses:
- The current environment – the current status of debates in Congress, tax reform proposals, and a look ahead at 2015
- Income tax: Focusing on the details– analyzing income and deduction recognition; and considerations for implementing a long-term commitment to thoughtful tax planning specific to your situation
- Wealth transfer tax: Thinking ahead with some predictability – addressing planning now that we have more certainty of the wealth transfer landscape and exclusions
Income tax tips for wealth planning
Overview of tax rates for individuals from 2013-2014
Key wealth transfer tax facts: By the numbers
Current tax reform proposals
Meet the authors
- Julia Cloud, Partner, Private Company Services and Deloitte Growth Enterprise Services, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Edward Gershman, Partner, Individual Income Tax, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Craig Janes, Partner, Gift and Estate Tax, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Jeffrey Kummer, Director, Tax Policy, Deloitte Tax LLP
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.