Meet Eric Sloan
Principal, Deloitte Tax LLP
Eric is a principal with the M&A Services practice of Deloitte Tax LLP. He specializes in the use of partnerships and limited liability companies in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, and restructurings. Eric represents a wide array of clients, including some of the largest private equity firms and hedge funds in the country, as well as a number of the largest publicly traded and privately held companies in the world.
Eric has authored articles that have appeared in numerous professional publications, including:
- Tax Notes
- Journal of Taxation
- The Tax Executive
- Major Tax Planning (The Law School of the University of Southern California)
- Journal of Passthrough Entities
- Tax Management Memorandum
- Tax Planning for Domestic & Foreign Partnerships, LLCs, Joint Ventures & Other Strategic Alliances (Practising Law Institute).
Eric is an adjunct professor at the Georgetown University Law Center. He is a frequent lecturer on a variety of topics dealing with U.S. federal income taxation, having spoken at many of the country’s leading tax conferences, including the Practising Law Institute, the University of Chicago Law School’s Federal Tax Conference, the Texas Federal Tax Institute, the Southern Federal Tax Institute, the USC Gould School of Law Tax Institute, the New York University’s Institute on Federal Taxation and Summer Institute on Federal Taxation, the American Bar Association Tax Section, and the Tax Executives Institute, as well as at the Wharton School of Business and the New York University School of Law.
Eric received his B.A., with honors in English Literature, from Northwestern University, his J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School, and his LL.M. in Taxation, with distinction, from the Georgetown University Law Center.
- Member of the Tax Section of the American Bar Association
- Member and past Chair of the Tax Section’s Committee on Partnerships and LLCs
- Council Director of the Tax Section
- Member of the Tax Section’s Nominating Committee
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association
- Chair of the New York State Bar Association Tax Section’s Committee on Investment Funds
- Member of the Planning Committee for the University of Chicago Law School’s Annual Federal Tax Conference
- Member and past Honorary Co-Chair of the Advisory Board of NYU Institute on Federal Taxation