IRS Insights - March 2013
Welcome to the bimonthly publication, IRS Insights, produced by the Deloitte Tax Controversy Services group to keep our clients abreast of current issues related to the Internal Revenue Service.
In this month's issue:
- Tax Controversy Updates
- Government and Taxpayers Petition the U.S. Supreme Court to Resolve the Circuit Split on the Application of the Valuation Misstatement Penalty
- IRS Releases Fiscal year 2012 Enforcement Statistics
- IRS Chief Counsel Concludes Taxpayers Submission Insufficient to Qualify as an Informal Refund Claim
- Treasury & IRS Release Proposed Regulations Addressing Information Reporting Under IRC §§ 367 and 6038B
- Sabrina Loving v. Internal Revenue Service, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 7980 (D.D.C. 2013) – Paid Preparer Regulations
See attached file for details.
Visit the IRS Insights archive for issues from the past year.