IRS Insights - January 2013
Welcome to the bimonthly publication, IRS Insights, produced by the Deloitte Tax Controversy Services group to keep our clients abreast of current issues related to the Internal Revenue Service.
In this month's issue:
- Tax Controversy Updates
- FinCEN Notice 2012-2: FBAR Filings Extension for Certain Individuals With Signature Authority
- IRS Announces Plans to Issue Notices Regarding Form 1099-K
- IRS Office of Chief Counsel: Taxpayer May Raise Mitigation Argument at CDP Hearing, but Taxpayer’s Circumstances Do No Warrant Opening Closed Years
- IRS Finalizes ITIN Application Procedures for the 2013 Filing Season
- IRS Postpones Certain Filing and Payment Deadlines for Taxpayers in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island Affected by Hurricane Sandy
- IRS Issues Withholding Frequently Asked Questions for U.S. Withholding Agents
See attached file for details.
Visit the IRS Insights archive for issues from the past year.