IRS Insights - September 2013
Welcome to the bimonthly publication, IRS Insights, produced by the Deloitte Tax Controversy Services group to keep our clients abreast of current issues related to the Internal Revenue Service.
In this month's issue:
- Tax Controversy Updates
- Tax Court Determines FPAA sent to Valid Address for TMP and Grants IRS Motion to Dismiss
- IRS Updates IRM to Reflect Policy of Systematically Assessing Penalties on Certain Foreign Information Returns Attached To Late-Filed Returns
- IRS Memorandum Provides Implementation Guidance for Appeals Judicial Approach Culture (AJAC) Project
- Field Attorney Advice Holds Closing Agreement Valid Despite Failure to Obtain Joint Committee Review
- IRS issues Revenue Procedure 2013-30 providing simplified relief procedures for late S corporation elections
See attached file for details.
Visit the IRS Insights archive for issues from the past year.