Meet David Fidan
Partner, Deloitte AG
David is specialized in leading global monitoring engagements imposed by the U.S. Department of Justice (USDOJ) and/or U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the area of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and U.S. cross-border banking.
Furthermore, David is an expert in the implementation of the U.S. Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) in both the banking and insurance industry, and has unique FATCA experience on client analytics, back-book remediation, and overall program validation.
Selection of Forensic, Audit and Advisory Engagements
David has performed and led variety large advisory engagements throughout the globe.
- The following is a selection of engagements within Forensic:
- Lead partner on several FATCA projects with insurance and banking groups in Switzerland.
- Project lead for the development and implementation of a Target Operating Model for the handling of Group Requests under the Swiss Tax Administrative Assistance Act (OECD 26).
- Supported a large financial institution with a team of specialists to review client profiles, review of KYC documentation, transaction analysis, and review of controls in relation to a specific desk at different locations in Switzerland (2012- ongoing).
- Regulatory compliance review of completeness of KYC information of a global financial institution in Switzerland in relation to requests from US regulators (2012 – ongoing).
- FATCA implementation (scoping phase, guidance on back-book remediation) at large U.K. financial institution (2011)
- Regulatory compliance investigation after U.S. cross border banking violations by a large Swiss bank which ultimately led the US to pass the FATCA legislation. This engagement involved a review of different areas of the bank including Wealth Management, Asset Management and Investment Bank in Switzerland, Liechtenstein, U.K., Jersey, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, and the USA (2009 – 2010).
- Regulatory compliance review after mis-selling of life insurance policies in the USA by an international Swiss insurance company. This engagement involved multiple locations in Switzerland, Isle of Man and Ireland (2008).
- Various fraud investigations after kickbacks and related matters at private banks in Switzerland (2005 – 2009).
- Various Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and accounting fraud investigations in Switzerland, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Syria, Lebanon, Vietnam, USA (2006 – 2009).
- From 2005 to 2006 David was seconded to Swiss Re to lead the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 implementation project in the business units Global & Large Risks, and Financial Services.
Education and Certifications
- Registered Auditor – RA
- Nyenrode University – MA Auditing
- Nyenrode University – Postgraduate Accountancy (Drs.)
- Certified Fraud Examiner – US Institute of Certified Fraud Examiners
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.