Section 199 — Entertainment and Media Companies
The Section 199 deduction provides entertainment and media companies, whether print, film, music or other audio, an opportunity to reduce their tax rate. Our Deloitte Tax LLP professionals have helped a wide array of media companies to assess their opportunities for Section 199 and implement recurring compliance solutions.
This team includes specialists devoted to assisting entertainment and media companies with Section 199, and they understand the special requirements for entertainment and media companies seeking the Section 199 deduction. For example, the U.S. content requirements are significantly higher for the film industry than for other media.
Our consultation services address all aspects of the Section 199 deduction, including:
- Identifying and documenting qualifying revenue
- Assisting with prefiling agreements and safe harbor testing
- Analyzing partnerships, joint ventures and international affiliates
- Analyzing cost allocations
- Conducting scenario planning and validation
- Performing tax rate impact analysis
- Assisting with tax compliance and Internal Revenue Service exams
For more information, see the PDF attached below.