Tax News & Views: Health Care Edition — May 2014
Tax News & Views: Health Care Edition is a timely news summary bulletin authored by the Health Care Industry Group, Deloitte Tax LLP. The newsletter contains highlights from the latest tax developments in health care on Capitol Hill, at the White House, at the Internal Revenue Service, at the Treasury Department and in the courts.
The May issue features articles on the following topics:
- Supreme Court holds severance payments are FICA wages, reversing Sixth Circuit's Quality Stores decision
- IRS releases draft Form 1023-EZ
- Exemption application processing moves to Cincinnati
- New Guidance on U.S. person's ownership in PFIC through tax-exempt organizations and accounts
- IRS denies exempt status to membership organization
- Did you know?
- IRS releases FATCA FAQs
- New 2014 Form W-8BEN-E released
- Updates to Exempt Organization Select Check
- Deloitte thoughtware
- Deloitte Dbriefs
Access the complete stories in the attached document below and view the Tax News & Views: Health Care Edition archive for newsletters released within the past year.