Technology in the Mid-Market: Perspectives and Priorities
There is increasing recognition among mid-market companies of the pivotal role that technology can play in achieving their business goals. Results from Deloitte's second annual mid-market technology survey show how cloud-based solutions and business analytics tools that offer "large corporation solutions" to mid-market enterprises can impact operational capabilities and productivity, and provide competitive insights.
Highlights of key findings include:
- Forty-one percent of respondents say their leadership views technology as a critical differentiator and key to growth, while another 38 percent view it as a strategic investment.
- Fifty-eight percent report technology spend as higher or significantly higher in 2014, compared to 45 percent in 2013.
- Half of the executives surveyed say their companies are currently using the cloud or migrating to the cloud.
- About one-third of respondents expressed concerns about the security of the data and services provided by cloud-based solutions; one in five respondents say information security has had the most significant technological impact on their organizations in the last 12 months.
- More companies are using data analytics to convert vast amounts of customer and transactional data into targeted marketing campaigns that focus on consumers. However, 27 percent of respondents cite the challenges of dealing with unstructured data versus structured data as the biggest hurdle in using analytics.
To learn more, download the full report.
About the survey
The 500 survey respondents represented mid-market companies with annual revenues ranging from $100 million to more than $1 billion. Half of the respondents were C-suite executives, while the remaining 50 percent held other management roles.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.