Meet Richard Kupcunas
Director, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Richard (Rick) Kupcunas is a director in Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Technology/Oracle practice. He is recognized as a technology and knowledge leader with respect to Oracle database, infrastructure, integration and application server technologies. Using these technologies, Rick has continued to address our client’s challenges and provide business insights.
Rick’s experience includes over 26 years of system/application development dedicated to all phases of a system’s lifecycle. Rick has been dedicated to the implementation, tuning and aid improvement of large-scale Oracle production databases as well as the management of numerous Oracle e-Business and PeopleSoft implementations.
Some examples of his recent client engagements include:
- Global glass manufacturer: Rick was the lead architect of the system, designing, procuring and defining the project’s infrastructure platform. He was responsible for the coordination and administration of the various servers and software components, and infrastructure testing of the application once implemented. A significant portion of Rick’s responsibilities dealt with defining the architecture platform to support the upgrade environment.
- Large state government: Rick was the lead for all technical components of the project. He led the development team and was responsible for the coordination and administration of the various servers and software components. The resulting system is designed to highlight the state’s finances, give decision makers broad/efficient access to state data, and allow the state to make more effective use of its data. The system is also designed to reduce intensive manual effort in identified business processes, such as asset management and procurement, while improving inter-departmental and inter-agency communication.
A native of Texas, Rick earned his degree from the Texas Tech University in Chemical Engineering.
Organizations and affiliations
- Project Management Professional
- Invested Partner Community of Oracle Corporation (Oracle IPC)
- International Oracle Users Group (IOUG)
- Oracle Consumer Business Special Interest Group (IOUG)
- Consumer Products
- Federal Government
- Oil & Gas
- Power & Utilities
- Process & Industrial Products
- State Government
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.