CRM Transformation - SAP
In the fast lane
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is not new to anybody in the business world. But what is new is the way in which companies are using CRM strategies to change their businesses in some fundamental ways - and the speed with which they’re doing it. Many companies are taking advantage of rapidly changing trends in the marketplace by modifying their business models to reach new customers. These companies are relying heavily on CRM strategies and technologies as they address these new opportunities and bring their value proposition to the front lines of the business.
At Deloitte, we’ve applied our deep industry-level experience to create a wide range of preconfigured SAP CRM-based solutions for companies looking for a nimble, responsive approach to CRM. Using our approach, clients can choose an entire suite of solutions or only implement the processes they need to get up and running fast. Plus we offer the ability to test-drive these industry-tailored CRM solutions before you decide to purchase them. Once it’s time to implement, we know the technical aspects to get your CRM solution up and running quickly. Learn more about the offering.
Transitioning from large-scale implementation to a virtual upgrade at Bell Helicopter
Learn how Deloitte helped Bell Helicopter deliver a virtual upgrade on time, on budget and with minimal disruption to the business.
Providing flexible IT services to Newport News Waterworks
Hear first-hand how Deloitte helped Newport News Waterworks improve customer service and free up its internal IT resources to focus on strategic projects.
Finding opportunity through consolidation at Life Technologies
Listen to how Deloitte AMS helped Life Technologies turn IT consolidation into an opportunity to reduce cost, while maintaining quality.
Tech Trends 2013: Reinventing the ERP engine
Discover how new ERP engines can help innovate your business model.
Meet our people
- Andy Main, Principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Jaco Van Eeden, Principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Bill Ziska, Director, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Application Upgrades – SAP
- Finance Transformation – SAP
- HR Transformation – SAP
- Supply Chain Transformation – SAP
- User Engagement – Adobe
Learn more about the offering
Take more care, take less time
The problem with rapid changes in business strategy is that the business itself is often too slow to respond. In the past, that has been especially true of CRM strategies. Ask a technology leader how long it will take to bring a solution in line with a new strategy and the default answer is usually a year or more. That’s reasonable when you consider the hard work involved in designing the right solution, building it, testing it, cleaning the data and more - but it’s too long to wait if you know what stakeholders want right now.
One way to leapfrog this impasse is to use preconfigured CRM solutions that have already been through the challenges of design and testing, offering companies the ability to pick and choose the exact functionality they need. By getting these solutions in place faster, companies can use deeper insights into their customers to fuel new growth and improve existing services.
How we can help
At Deloitte, we’ve applied our deep industry experience to create a wide range of preconfigured SAP CRM-based solutions for companies looking for a nimble, responsive approach to CRM. Using our approach, clients can choose an entire suite of solutions, or implement just the processes they need to get up and running fast. Plus, we offer the ability to test-drive these industry-tailored CRM solutions before you decide to purchase them. Once it’s time to implement, we know the technical aspects to get your CRM solution up and running quickly.
Just as importantly, we are able to tailor the CRM user experience to match our clients’ needs. We believe this is a crucial part of any new CRM implementation, directly affecting user productivity - and the numbers bear this out. We have helped clients realize productivity gains of 300% or more with our own custom user-interface technology used in tandem with SAP CRM solutions. Our role-based approach can deliver a single, intuitive front end for users to interact with CRM data and transactions, helping enterprises get more from new and legacy solutions.
Here are some of the services we offer:
- Bite-size CRM for sales force automation and marketing
- Accelerated full-suite CRM implementation
- Enhanced usability solutions with Adobe-based user interface enhancements
- Improve knowledge of customers to create stronger relationships
- Make agile and informed decisions based on a 360-degree understanding of customers
- Enhance the ability to deliver products and services at lower price points
- Improve forecasting capabilities to determine what customers will buy
- Focus investments on high-potential customers
- Deliver better service to generate higher margins and stronger loyalty
- Improve operations to collect cash faster and enhance tax position, front office productivity, order accuracy and inventory management
- Increase user adoption and employee efficiency rates and decrease training
Four ways to get more value now
We’ve helped some of the most successful companies in the world realize more value from their CRM initiatives. Here are a few things we’ve learned along the way:
Think like a customer. It can be easy to lose sight of customer needs in the midst of a major change in strategy and technology. But the customer perspective couldn’t be more important in a successful CRM implementation. Make sure each decision goes through the filter of “what would a customer think about this?”
Invest in the user interface. Delivering an intuitive, easy-to-use interface as part of the CRM solution is a well-established way to increase adoption and deliver stronger results. Don’t wait to focus on the interface in the second phase after the initial rollout. Go ahead and build it into the plan now. Your reward will be happier users - and increased productivity.
Actively shape the customer experience. A new CRM solution can generate tons of useful customer data. Make sure you use it routinely to assess and improve the customer experience. It should be an iterative process.
Don’t forget the business case. It’s hard to lose sight of the original vision when you’re implementing a solution quickly – but it’s still possible. Plan frequent touch points with your team to make sure everyone’s driving toward the same vision throughout the life of the project.
CRM Transformation in action
- A global food manufacturer chose a preconfigured SAP CRM solution to deliver rapid prototyping capabilities to its telesales and marketing teams. We helped accelerate the design and build phase, allowing the company to complete the project with lower costs and increased quality.
- A UK-based kitchen manufacturer selected Deloitte to deploy the full SAP suite of applications, using the SAP CRM preconfigured solution to accelerate the program. Benefits included increased sales through improved customer life cycle management and standardized processes across the business.
- A global office supply company selected Deloitte’s set of SAP CRM solutions and Adobe-based user interface enhancements to deploy a call center application for its business-to-business Internet Commerce segment. Benefits included increased user adoption through streamlined processes and a sharp reduction in the number of clicks required to get to the right information.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.