Meet Mark Davis
Principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Mark is the Product Development Practice Leader with Deloitte Consulting LLP. This service line integrates research and development, engineering, technology, tax minimization and human capital services to help companies improve product development capabilities throughout the product lifecycle. In his 20 years with Deloitte, Mark has consulted for many of the firm’s largest clients in automotive, consumer products, telecommunications, life sciences, high tech, public sector/federal government, general manufacturing, and others. Services provided to these companies include product development related strategies, processes, technologies, organizational structures, business case and roadmap development and implementation support.
Highlights of relevant experience
- Led the evaluation and redesign of the new product development process for a large global diversified manufacturer. Incorporated leading practices around customer driven marketing and pricing, preferred supplier and parts, reverse auctions and global engineering.
- Managed the project to redesign a global engineering change process and manage core product data for the consumer care division of a major global pharmaceutical company.
- Managed the distribution system and logistics review of a $4 billion northeast drug store chain.
- Benchmarked the inbound logistics capabilities of a major diversified manufacturer identifying over $200M in improvement opportunities.
- Led a project to assess and redesign the integrated product development process including all functions for a large network equipment manufacturer.
- Led a critical initiative to redefine the processes for a $14B diversified technology company to transition from an engineering to a marketing driven NPD organization.
- Over 16 years of experience implementing ERP and supply chain packages to enable supply chain transformations.
Mark received his B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering and an MBA, School of Business Administration from the University of Michigan.
- Leading consumer electronics company.
- Multi-national pharmaceutical and chemical manufacturer.
- Global lead technology networking organization.
- Semiconductor manufacturer.
- Leading energy provider.
- Design focused electronics manufacturer.
- Global healthcare and consumer health organization.
- General Dynamics Space Systems Division as a senior engineer with the control dynamics group.
My Areas of Specialization
- Supply Chain
- Product Development
- Consumer Business
- Life Sciences
- Public Sector
Latest Media Hits
What’s your return on new product development?
GSA Forum | September 2010
Read the GSA Forum article by Deloitte Consulting LLP Principal, Mark Davis and Senior Manager, John La Bouff.
Our client had made a strategic decision to completely transform its manufacturing operations; our product development transformation services were instrumental in helping them develop the process. Delivering the process-related services and services supporting the resulting improvements on time helped the client to meet management commitments and market expectations during a time of significant financial duress.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.