Sales Force: 2015
What will your sales force look like in the future?
Post – recession the scenario for the sale team have changed considerably. Certain core issues like skill set development, sales process improvement, effective internal coordination, controls and governance, still remain highly relevant. However, the new and uncertain marketplace; transition in the Sales talent pool; and availability of data and technology tools have changed the way sales organization are evolving. The requirement for today’s marketplace is for a leaner, greener, more nimble sales team that provides and captures improved customer value.
Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Sales force: 2015 - What will your sales force look like in the future? presents the concepts that sales leaders may need to adapt for the ever changing business environment. The report discusses some old age wisdom like better use of customer segmentation, new selling skills, improved organization and governance and better aligned support that are still applicable in present marketplace. It explores the major trends influencing sales leaders’ of today like recession and unevenness in recovery, strides in global marketplaces, new forms of everyday technology, new customer and operational risks to be managed. Additionally, it assesses how the above factors will manifest themselves in the sales environment over the coming five years by discussing the below questions:
- Will strategic priorities remain biased towards efficiency instead of capacity?
- Will generational and technological change impact how sales are made to customers?
- Will certain sales roles begin to disappear?
- Will a newly skilled sales support organization develop?
- Will global considerations overcome local market ones?
- Will traditional incentive compensation evolve?
- Will sales representatives ever change?
Download the PDF to learn more.