Oracle Human Resources Management System
Unlock the value of your workforce!
Managing any workforce takes ready access to consistent, accurate data. Managing a global workforce adds challenges like multiple languages, currencies and local regulations. That’s a lot to keep track of. As an organization grows, either organically or through acquisitions, it isn’t hard to lose control over human resource (HR) processes and data. To answer these needs, many companies are turning to sophisticated, scalable Human Capital Management (HCM) solutions such as Oracle Human Resources Management System (HRMS).
Through a combination of demonstrated methods and tools, Deloitte’s Oracle HRMS practice helps our clients efficiently plan and manage its workforce on a global basis, provide a single integrated HCM system, simplify HR infrastructure maintenance and support and deliver an array of competitive, cost-effective programs. Learn more about the offering.
Tech Trends 2013: Reinventing the ERP engine
Discover how new ERP engines can help innovate your business model.
Global business driven HR Transformation: The journey continues
18 key business drivers transforming HR in a changing world.
Global business driven HR Transformation: The journey continues in financial services
Learn more about Deloitte's global HR FSI benchmark study.
Is business ready to grow
How unified HCM and talent technology are influencing global business.
This way for more value from your Oracle investments
Deloitte and Oracle brochure.
Meet our people
- Laura Garbacz, Principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- HR Transformation Strategy and Planning
- HR Operating Model and Function Design
- Technology Adoption
- Talent Operations and Technology
- Package Selection and Application Strategy
Learn more about the offering
Workforce solutions with support from the workforce
When you make the decision to invest in a new platform, you have charted a path to more efficient operations, but that’s just the beginning. The implementation effort is difficult to execute without significant support from the senior executive suite and the global operations business leadership. And resistance is commonplace. For the new system to work, managers and employees will likely have to change the way they do their jobs. If the company is to establish a true global standard, which is the whole point, someone is going to have to compromise.
That makes Oracle HRMS implementation as much a human challenge as a technical one. It meshes process improvement, standardization and automation with decision-making protocols and staff buy-in. When it all works, a transformation on this scale can give managers throughout the business – not only in HR – the tools and information they need to manage the workforce consistently and globally. It also helps integrate acquired entities into the parent HR process in less time with fewer resources. Deloitte can help with these challenges and get your Oracle HRMS implementation up and running quickly, smoothly and effectively.
How we can help
Through a combination of demonstrated methods and tools, Deloitte’s Oracle HRMS practice helps our clients efficiently plan and manage its workforce on a global basis, provide a single integrated HCM system, simplify HR infrastructure maintenance and support and deliver an array of competitive, cost-effective programs.
We support these activities through:
- Business case definition and global leadership alignment
- HR service delivery model framework
- Global process definition via Deloitte’s Industry Print™
- Change management and communication
- Project governance
- Implementation with Oracle’s HR E-Business Suite (EBS) proprietary tools
Our professionals arrive equipped with Deloitte exclusive tools like the Conversion Xcelerator 2.0, which drives efficient conversion of active and historical data for Oracle HRMS modules; the Unified History Solution, which facilitates historical conversion into an integrated data repository; and our Payroll Reconciliation tool, which automates payroll data reconciliation and validation.
Additionally, our enterprise resource planning (ERP) implementation methodology, called Deloitte’s Enterprise Value Delivery (EVD) Methodology, is a 360-degree view of the broad array of activities that should be considered in planning and executing an implementation. While the specific activities are tailored based on client and project needs, the methodology provides a broad framework for the diverse multitude of factors that may need to be addressed during the course of an implementation life cycle.
Deloitte is one of the largest Oracle practices in the world, with access to a network of more than 8,000 practitioners globally and over 300 Oracle EBS projects currently in progress. Our size, experience, and demonstrated track record, as recognized by our clients and the analyst community, demonstrate Deloitte’s ability to meet the needs of small to large-size clients. While a leading Oracle implementer, Deloitte is also the leader in the Oracle HCM suite. Our HCM credentials include:
- More than 120 practitioners focused exclusively on implementing Oracle HCM
- Successfully completed over 200 Oracle HCM projects over the past 10 years
- Full suite of Oracle HCM specific implementation tools – for faster deployment and lower risk projects
- Library of more than 200 Oracle HCM learning modules for the Oracle User Productivity Kit
- Active board member on the Oracle HCM Users Group (OHUG) for over eight years
- Dedicated offshore capabilities based on client and project needs
We have a track record of working closely with Oracle to provide the high-quality level of service for our clients. Deloitte has become Oracle’s number one implementation alliance in the US, with 15 Titan Awards over the past 5 years - more than any other Oracle alliance. Deloitte also participates in Oracle's Audit Vault Beta program, facilitating broad exposure to the beta software prior to release, so our practitioners can facilitate designs and methodologies compatible with future capabilities.
Deloitte is a leader in Human Capital Consulting and facilitating HR Transformation
More than a pure technology organization, Deloitte is a leader and recognized innovator in the field of Human Resources and our Human Capital practice has been recognized by industry analysts as one of the largest HR consultancies globally. Combined with our deep HCM technology experience, we are particularly qualified to understand both the “business” of HR and the operational infrastructure required to support the goals of the client.
Our practitioners have deep Oracle HRMS knowledge. And through our significant project experiences, we bring extensive lessons learned, recommended industry practices, and tools and methods that can accelerate project activities. We work closely with the Oracle organization on an ongoing basis and are prepared to leverage these working relationships as needed to meet the client’s needs.
We have a virtually unparalleled ability to provide organizations with the broad perspective to appropriately plan for these activities, while also providing fast and ready access to specialists as needed to meet project requirements.
Our services are designed to help our clients achieve real and measurable results. We help transform our clients’ business, generating benefits such as:
- An enhanced ability to manage global talent pools on a more cost-effective, competitive basis
- Establish leading HR processes and provide access to defined/specific workforce data in a cost-effective, scalable model to allow future growth
- Creation of an efficient support structure for employees and the business related to new and improved HR processes
- The ability to not only understand, but to fill urgent, specific-talent needs
- More real-time visibility into staff levels, competencies and talent gaps
- Money-saving reduction in manual processes to support transactions such as hiring, salary approval, transfers and raises
- Increased data privacy – both for employees’ data during employment and for company data when an employee leaves the organization
Four ways to get more value now
Our teams have helped companies around the world make Oracle part of their day-to-day HR management. Here are a few tips we’ve learned along the way.
Enlist support early. A change on this scale can shake a lot of trees, so resistance may be found at many staff levels. Make the case for change through clear, consistent internal messages. Avoid surprises. And make sure the endorsement from senior leaders is loud and clear.
Set aside time. During an implementation, critical people end up with two jobs. To keep that from being disruptive or overtaxing, back-fill production roles and build contingency allowances into your project work plans.
Keep moving forward. Nothing wastes time and money like revisiting decisions after they’ve been made. Institute a formal process for making, documenting and communicating decisions and clearly refine who is accountable for each one. If there is a need to backtrack, make sure it happens within the system, not as an exception.
Stay on target. Scope creep is a danger in any broad change project. You can combat it by setting up a change control process that bases approval of each change on a full understanding of its impact and its place in the overall strategy.
Oracle HRMS in action
- A company that supported medical diagnosis, treatment and research decided to replace its legacy HR, payroll and timekeeping systems to achieve the benefits of an integrated ERP system. Senior management chose to standardize on Oracle HRMS. Deloitte supported the transition with project management, process and application integration services, data conversion, communications and training. The implementation finished on time and on budget, providing the human resources and payroll departments with enhanced functionality and improved compliance. Integrating the payroll system with other financials eliminated the need for manual entries and provided stronger controls for Sarbanes-Oxley and the organization enjoyed faster, more accurate access to key information.
- A call center organization with sites in more than a dozen countries was adjusting to global growth with an HR system it was unable to scale. Manual processes and patches, frequent maintenance, lack of standardization and the need for multiple technical skill sets all made the system increasingly expensive to operate and it wasn’t integrated properly with company's financial systems. The company implemented a two-phase transition to Oracle HRMS and Deloitte supported the move through project management, process and application integration services, data conversion, communications and training. Benefits included globally designed and deployed applications for HRMS and financials, standardized global policies and practices, enhanced payroll flexibility and control and increased data accuracy with centralized global reporting.
- A nationwide baking operation was already using Oracle HRMS, but various implementations within its affiliates led to disconnected HR, payroll and benefits modules and limited knowledge transfer. The company needed help bolstering executive sponsorship, creating shared requirements, defining application support roles and decision making and mapping out its ongoing support model. Deloitte provided process and application integration scoping and strategy, business process redesign, project management, process and application integration services, data conversion and communications and training to support the overhaul. The Oracle HRMS project added significant value to the company’s HR and payroll departments with enhanced core HR, payroll and reporting capabilities, while providing a critical single source of data for its entire employee population. The company achieved the benefits of an automated system and the footprint for future company growth.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.