Deloitte Consulting LLP
Deloitte is the leader in Workday HR and Finance consulting services. We know that each client has different business drivers and we can deliver the Workday solution our clients need, when and how they need it. We do not subscribe to the “one size fits all” model.
About the offering
Leverage the cloud now.
For clients focused on quickly leveraging the benefits of Workday’s SaaS functionality without overhauling their entire operating structure, we help them implement Workday rapidly by using our accelerated Workday-focused implementation methodology and tools. Examples of helping our clients rapidly implement projects include the following projects:
- For a leading provider of computer security applications, we deployed Workday in 64 countries in seven months, covering 20,000 active employees, 11,000 contingent workers and 63,000 terminated employees. The implementation included Human Capital Management, Absence, Talent, Compensation, Focal Management, Payroll Integration (133 integrations to 6+ international payroll providers), Talent Acquisition Integration and Transactional History.
- We helped one of the largest web-based travel companies, operating in more than 30 countries, become the first publicly traded company to use Workday Financials. We also implemented Workday's HR solution. The full suite Workday deployment helped the organization transform their HR and finance functions allowing them to operate more efficiently.
- A global manufacturer, with no legacy system and was working with spreadsheets, was able to implement Workday (business process design, Workday Functional, Workday Technical, project management and testing) for over 25 countries in 12 months. They now have consistent global processes and global headcount reporting capabilities. The project set the stage to expand to cover 9,500 employees globally.
Big-picture thinking…Business Driven Transformation
For clients looking to transform their HR or Finance functions, we help them take a more strategic approach and use Workday to capture value faster. It’s about using Workday to operate more efficiently while positioning HR and Finance to be more business-driven to support the company’s broad strategies. Our team brings a broad, results-oriented approach to:
- Rapidly deploy the technology and service delivery solution to reduce costs
- Leverage cost savings from accelerated technology implementation to invest in other components critical to a successful transformation
- Address the typical integration challenges by “connecting” the various initiatives and technology
- Focus the transformation at the most critical point of change—the end user interaction with HR or Finance (Self-Service, Business Partners, Operations, etc.)
- Accelerate the transformation by addressing the key components of success in a comprehensive way: Strategy, technology, service delivery, shared services, organization design, portal and more
Examples of where we have helped our clients achieve the benefits of business-driven HR and finance transformation include the following projects:
- We are helping a global insurance company achieve HR transformation and standardize its HR practices for the first time, using Workday to replace a legacy ERP system. Workday is rolling out in phases over three years to serve an employee population of 60,000 spread over 90 countries. The project includes business case development, HR Service Delivery & service center design and implementation, global and local Workday process design, Workday Functional and Technical, payroll and benefits outsourcing advisory, business partner and center of expertise design, along with project management, testing, change management, communications and training.
- A global Life Sciences and Consumer Products leader chose us to deliver a new country-based Workday-enabled HR service delivery model that accommodates customized local capabilities while still maintaining global standards. Phase 1 of the multiyear project is delivering Workday’s Core HR functionality to the company’s operations in six countries in Asia. This includes Employee Data Management, Core Compensation, Absence Management, Payroll Reporting and Employee and Manager Self Service. Phase 1 also rolls out Workday’s Talent, Performance Management and Compensation Planning functionality to the company’s global executive population.
- We worked with a medical devices manufacturer to implement a global Workday HR and US Payroll solution for 14,000 employees. The project included business case feasibility, HR service delivery/Shared services, global Workday process design and Workday Technical, as well as project management and testing. It is a unique project with both live outsourcing and insourcing enabled by Workday.
- We worked with a global data and information provider to implement a global Workday HR project for 55,000 employees in 100 countries. The project included business case feasibility, global and local Workday process design, new product design and processes and testing. The outcome was Workday in an outsourced environment and successful socialization for implementation.
Meet Deloitte's Workday leaders
High-impact HR: What's holding organizations back?
|Workday implementation — Global consumer chemical product manufacturing company
Deloitte delivers Workday-enabled global HR Transformation for a global consumer chemical product manufacturing company.
Workday implementation — Insurance leader
Global business driven HR Transformation
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.