Unlocking M&A’s Pricing Potential
Pricing improvement is not always top-of-mind with deal makers. However, an M&A transaction can be the opportune time to revise pricing strategies of the merging entities and align them to the new, merged entity. More importantly, setting an effective pricing strategy during an M&A transaction can help avoid margin leakages.
In a video interview with Business Finance, Patricio Simpson, senior manager, Deloitte Consulting LLP, offers some suggestions when it comes to unlocking a transaction’s true potential. Discussing the importance of setting pricing strategies and transactional analysis, he answers some key questions that arise during an M&A transaction including:
- Why is pricing often a problem area during mergers?
- Why is a merger good time to develop new pricing initiatives?
- How do companies know when they have a pricing problem?
- What are some steps companies can take to augment their pricing strategies?
- How are new technologies advancing pricing strategies?
< href="http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/section_node/0,1042,sid%253D26665,00.html">Pricing and Profitability Management
Merger & Acquisition Services
Why Savvy Dealmakers Should Pay More Attention to Product Pricing Initiatives