Cutting Costs Effectively: SG&A Cost Reduction
Six steps to sustainability
Finding a way to lower selling, general and administrative (SG&A) expenses – even a little – goes a long way toward cutting a company’s overall spend. Implementing across-the-board cuts without fully understanding the potential effect on business is not as effective.
The attached report shows how an opportunity assessment, along with a high-level business case for savings and investment opportunities, can improve your chances for success.
Specifically, we discuss how we've seen organizations take these steps wth case studies:
- A Systematic Approach: The Opportunity Assessment and the Business Case for Improvements
- Build on the Business Model: The Foundation for Lasting Business Results
- Distribute Work According to its Value
- Re-engineer Inefficient Processes and Eliminate Unnecessary Work
- Aggressively Tackle Controllable Expenses − Often the Most Significant SG&A Cost-Savings Opportunity
Learn more about our Enterprise Cost Reduction services.