Pioneering thinker now an Independent Senior Advisor to the Deloitte Analytics team
Tom Davenport, a world renowned thought leader and author in the area of analytics and is now an independent Senior Advisor to Deloitte Analytics and is assisting with the global Deloitte Analytics strategy.
Deloitte member firms have a deep worldwide capability across the analytics continuum. Clients understand the power and insight analytics can bring to their business. A thought leader like Tom Davenport demonstrates the value of analytics to all functions within an organization.
Tom Davenport is the President’s Distinguished Professor of Information Technology and Management at Babson College, the co-founder of the International Institute for Analytics, a Fellow of the MIT Center for Digital Business.
An information management pioneer, Tom has published on the topics of analytics in business, process management, information and knowledge management, and enterprise systems. He pioneered the concept of “competing on analytics” with his best-selling 2006 Harvard Business Review article (and his 2007 book by the same name).
His most recent book is Keeping Up with the Quants: Your Guide to Understanding and Using Analytics, with Jinho Kim. His new book, Big Data at Work, is forthcoming from Harvard Business Press in January 2014.
He wrote or edited sixteen other books and over 100 articles for Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Review, the Financial Times, and many other publications.
In 2003 he was named one of the world’s “Top 25 Consultants” by Consulting magazine. In 2005 Optimize magazine’s readers named him among the top 3 business/technology analysts in the world. In 2007 and 2008 he was named one of the 100 most influential people in the IT industry by Ziff-Davis magazines. In 2012 he was named one of the world’s top fifty business school professors by Fortune magazine.
Recent thought leadership from Tom also include:
- Highlights from the Analytics Advantage Survey : Analytics running strong
- Deloitte Review - Telling a story with data
- Short Takes...On Analytics Blog - How to tell stories about data
- Short Takes...On Analytics Blog - Do you need data scientists?
- Deloitte Insights - The Role of the CFO in an Analytics-Driven Organization
- Highlight video of the key findings of the research study - Formula for Growth: (Innovation)Big Data & Analytics
- Deloitte Analytics article - Organizing Analytics: Building an analytical ecosystem for today, tomorrow and beyond