Meet Mark Pocharski
Principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Mark Pocharski is a principal with Deloitte Consulting LLP and leads the Corporate and Business Unit strategy practice in the U.S. Strategy service line Monitor Deloitte. Over his nearly 30 years as a strategy consultant, Mark has led a number of business unit and corporate strategy initiatives with B-to-B and B-to-C clients in a variety of industries, including consumer packaged goods, health care, financial services and professional services. His strategy work includes strategy pressure testing, executive engagement in strategy development, portfolio realignment, M&A opportunity scanning and strategic planning process installation and capability building. Mark has managed client relationships in North America, Europe and Asia.
Recent projects include:
- Creating and leading "Marketing Excellence" programs to help companies in a range of industries raise the quality of their in-house marketing capabilities
- Redesigning and implementing a corporate brand strategy for a leading pharmaceuticals company
- Developing growth strategies for a number of pharmaceutical, beverages and consumer products brands, including opportunity targeting, brand positioning and consumer engagement
- Launching major products in medical devices and pharmaceuticals
- Establishing franchise models and planning approaches for leading pharmaceutical companies
- Developing and implementing a new approach to increase the effectiveness of media spending and channel selection
- Redesigning the roles and service offerings of market research groups for global leaders in pharmaceuticals and consumer packaged goods
- Creating intranet-based tools to transform the way pharmaceutical marketers think about and do marketing
- Implementing a new field organization for a U.S. group health insurance company
Prior to Monitor Group’s combination with Deloitte Consulting LLP, Mark led Monitor’s commercial activities in the Americas region, managed the global marketing strategy practice and served on Monitor’s global executive team. Mark received his MBA from the Harvard Business School and graduated cum laude from Dartmouth College with a major in economics and government.