Meet Rick Wald
Director, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Rick Wald is the national practice leader for Deloitte Consulting’s employer health reform strategy practice and the employer health care consulting practice. He has 30 years of consulting experience and specializes in employee benefits strategy in a post-health reform environment, rewards transformation and health care consumerism. He is a frequent speaker on the strategic implications of health care reform.
Rick has developed a Health Reform Diagnostic, assessing the actuarial and workforce planning implications of reform proposals on employers. His experience includes:
- Assessing the impact of health reform on employers and developing new strategies that complement the new normal in employer-sponsored health care
- Implementing active and retiree employee benefits program redesign, including feasibility studies, funding options, assessment activities, plan design development, pricing and adverse selection studies, administrative system selection, vendor negotiations and employee benefits communication
- Applying data mining and advanced analytics to employee benefits and human resource issues
- Developed the national Deloitte “point of view” on the employer implications of health reform and on consumer driven healthcare; serves as the lead consultant in the design and implementation of a number of consumer driven plan offerings
- Leading change management, workplace communications and human resources initiatives related to total rewards initiatives and for mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
Rick has an MBA in Finance from New York University and did his BA in Economics from Colby College.