Time to Leave the Nest, Kid: 13 Tips that Could Ease the Transition of a Carve-out
Experiencing a carve-out is a lot like your parents letting you know it’s time to move out. The goal of moving out — whether from your parents’ house or from your parent company’s shelter — is to achieve long-term prosperity with limited short-term pain and failures. No matter what the size or complexity of a carve-out, the list of information technology (IT)-related activities that need to be completed quickly is long and urgent.
Deloitte Consulting LLP’s point of view "Time to Leave the Nest, Kid" offers tips such as the following to ease the transition of a carve-out:
- Take control of your destiny – Establish an aggressive IT program management office
- Read the lease carefully before you sign it – Build an alliance with one of your attorneys
- Convince your parents to let you take what you need – Prepare a “wish list” early on for the deal documents
- Stay close to your best friends – Maintain a strong relationship and alignment between the business and IT
- Choose your roommates carefully – Design and staff for the future
Leaving the nest is difficult, but the rewards can be great. To leverage these tips to achieve results, download the report attached below.