Clients today face grave risks from several kinds of mega events, which are increasing in their frequency of occurrence. These events pose significant business threats, and they can evolve quickly — moving from areas like regulation and finance into reputational and operating risks that can destroy shareholder value. They can also test the mettle of even the most experienced leaders.
Deloitte’s Crisis Management Solutions put business resilience and shareholder value first, helping clients sense, prepare for, respond to and recover from major crisis events. We bring experienced crisis leaders, in combination with the full breadth of our capabilities, so you can go into any crisis prepared — and come out strong.
Major crises are likely to be the result of one of six triggers:
- Malevolence, including cyber attacks and breaches, as well as product tampering
- Misdeed-financial crime, including embezzlement, manipulation and theft
- Financial disruptions, such as bankruptcy, default or even broader threats to economic stability
- Technological and industrial disruption that threaten core infrastructure (e.g., communication or power systems)
- Natural or man-made physical catastrophes, such as earthquakes, tsunamis and fires
- Confrontation in the boardroom, in the courtroom, in geopolitical upheaval, or on the growing number of battlefields throughout the world
Deloitte offers the following services to help companies build the capabilities they need to navigate complex challenges and mega events:
- Crisis simulation and wargaming – An interactive technique that immerses participants in a simulated crisis scenario to help evaluate an organization’s response effectiveness and preparedness.
- Real-time response – Experienced crisis leaders, combined with operations, finance, technology and regulatory specialists, ready to deploy within hours of a crisis to support a client’s crisis command center.
- Crisis communications – Ongoing assistance to preempt reputation threats, provide guidance for stakeholder outreach and control messaging by navigating both social and traditional media.
- 24/7 monitoring – Around-the-clock tracking and analysis of multiple sources of data, which can be integrated with a client’s proprietary data, to provide real-time situational awareness during a crisis.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.