IFRS Virtual Symposium: March 12, 2010
On March 12, 2010, Deloitte representatives conducted a virtual symposium (i.e., Web conference) that provided a deeper dive into IFRS. Topics covered included:
- An overview of the SEC statement and the work plan including SEC's key areas of concern regarding the use of IFRS by U.S. issuers
- A possible timeline for IFRS adoption in the U.S.
- The importance of FASB's and IASB's convergence efforts and their current plans for completion in June 2011
The Deloitte Foundation recorded the session for your convenience and the audio is now available for playback.
Audio Replay & Live Meeting Information
If you would like to view the materials again, you are invited to:
- Replay Live Meeting: Click here to listen to the audio recording through your computer, or type the following URL into your browser:
Then type in your first name, and click on the "view recording" button (Note: The recording ID field should be populated with "IFRS IV". Recording key should automatically be filled in on the screen.)
- Download web cast to iPod: Click here to download
Deloitte IFRS University Consortium
This virtual symposium is sponsored by the Deloitte IFRS University Consortium. Through the consortium, Deloitte is addressing the urgent need to bring International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) education into college classrooms and is helping to contribute essential IFRS resources and materials to help prepare and develop future accounting professionals. This involves offering course materials, classroom guides, and case studies, as well as providing access to other Deloitte resources. Please see the Website for these materials as well as recordings of past virtual symposia.
There is no cost for institutions to participate in the Deloitte IFRS University Consortium. To register for the consortium, please contact Holly Sommer at email@example.com