Security Application Management Services
More focus, less risk: A value-level approach to security management
Many organizations are struggling to keep up with an ever-evolving security landscape; to find the appropriate balance between improving security effectiveness and controlling the growing cost of operations. They are challenged to find the skills required to face new risks. The typical challenges that lead organizations to consider outsourcing all or a portion of their IT operations are well understood. However when it comes to security, there are unique concerns driving the decision. Cost pressures are certainly a factor, but scarcity of skilled resources, lack of formal processes and governance complexities are equally, if not more, important.
Organizations are challenged to attract, retain and afford the personnel required to provide the highest levels of security. But without proper analysis and strategic sourcing, talent management can become increasingly expensive and directly impact solution quality, agility and return on investment (ROI).
"60–70% of the energy that Information Technology (IT) security teams put into technology is about maintaining what's already been built. It's a considerable effort, considering how rapidly technology advancements make their predecessors obsolete. The effort is starting to suffocate some of our clients' ability to innovate and that's where Deloitte can help."
Managed services global delivery
Deloitte's managed services model allows for a flexible security operations and support solution. With rapidly evolving threats, it's difficult for many organizations to effectively pre-design the way they protect today's critical data and Intellectual Property through tomorrow's technology. Security Application Management Services need to handle the smarter, bolder and more cunning cyber attacks of the future — without adding to the management burden or slowing down business processes.
- Infrastructure Security: operating system, network and storage device hardening; firewall management; Network Intrusion Detection Systems and Intrusion Protection Systems (IDS/IPS) management; Security Operations Center (SOC); Public-Key Infrastructure (PKI) management and administration
- User Identity and Access: identity administration; identity lifecycle management; user access review/certification; access management; privileged user management; cloud identity and access management
- Application Security: enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems; user administration; application role management; governance, risk and compliance (GRC) tools management
- Security Operations Support: ongoing controls review and testing (e.g., periodic control rationalization and review; ongoing IT security controls benchmarking)
- Cyber Operations: threat and vulnerability management; security information event management (SIEM); cyber threat monitoring; data loss prevention (DLP); operations management
End-to-end security services from a single provider
Deloitte's team is comprised of seasoned security professionals with deep understanding of what it takes to make an outsourcing relationship effective. We offer a broad portfolio of capabilities backed by personnel with very deep technical knowledge regarding threats and the processes and tools to protect against them.
Our methodologies and tools represent some of the most innovative thinking in the security industry. And we are continually evaluating and integrating new capabilities as they become available.
Our deep bench of specialized security professionals welcome complex challenges. Not only have they completed intensive immersion security training, but also pursued cyber and application risks from their regulatory and auditing backgrounds — making them aware of compliance concerns. Additionally, with increasingly global enterprises, organizations need to have people who are highly communicative, understand business processes and can focus on executing the high-quality quality services at the competitive price. Therefore, our specialists participate in vigorous communications programs to command such an extensive set of resources.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.