Accounting Roundup — August 2008
The attached issue of Accounting Roundup presents brief descriptions of pronouncements and other regulatory and professional developments in accounting and financial reporting that occurred during August 2008. Topics covered in this issue include the following:
- FASB Issues Guidance on Endowments
- FASB Issues Revised Exposure Draft on Earnings per Share
- FASB Updates Codification for Business Combinations Topics
- SEC Approves Foreign Private Issuer Rule Amendments
- SEC Approves PCAOB’s New Rules on Independence and Ethics
- SEC Issues Guidance on the Use of Corporate Web Sites
- SEC Proposes a Roadmap to the Use of IFRSs
- SEC Announces Replacement of EDGAR
- SEC Holds Fourth Roundtable on IFRSs
- GASB Proposes Guidance on Voluntary Reporting of SEA Performance
- IASB Issues Proposed Amendments to IAS 33 on Earnings per Share
- IASB Issues Proposed Amendments to Eight IFRSs
Links to additional information are provided for most topics.
Accounting Roundup, published by Deloitte & Touche LLP, briefly describes recent U.S. regulatory and professional developments in the field of accounting. In each issue, visitors find summaries with hyperlinks to more detailed information. Accounting Roundup acts as a resource guide for accounting, financial, investment, legal, tax, and other business professionals.
Find the complete August 2008 issue of Accounting Roundup in the PDF attachment below. Or visit our Accounting Roundup Archive , where you can access past issues and other special editions, including: Second Quarter in Review — 2008, First Quarter in Review — 2008, Year in Review — 2007, and Third Quarter in Review — 2007.