Accounting Roundup — April 2009
The attached issue of Accounting Roundup presents brief descriptions of pronouncements and other regulatory and professional developments in accounting and financial reporting that occurred during February 2009.
Topics covered in this issue include the following:
Fair Value Measurements
- FASB (Financial Accounting Standards Board) Issues Guidance on Measuring Fair Value When Market Activity Declines
- FASB Issues FSP (FASB Staff Position) on Interim Fair Value Disclosures
Investments in Debt and Equity Securities
- FASB Issues FSP on Other-Than-Temporary Impairments
- SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) Issues Staff Accounting Bulletin on Other-Than-Temporary Impairments
- FASB Issues FSP on Assets Acquired and Liabilities Assumed in a Business Combination That Arise From Contingencies
Pensions and Other Postemployment Benefits
- GASB (Governmental Accounting Standards Board) Issues Invitation to Comment on Pension Standard
Derivative Instruments and Hedging Activities
- GASB Issues Derivative Instruments Guide
- XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) 2009 Taxonomies Released
- GASB Issues Statement on GAAP Hierarchy
- GASB Issues Statement on Related-Party Transactions, Going-Concern Considerations, and Subsequent Events
- IASB (International Accounting Standards Board) Issues Annual Improvements Standard
- IASC (International Accounting Standards Committee) Foundation Issues IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) Taxonomy 2009 and Publishes XBRL Handbook for Public Comment
Other SEC Matters
- SEC's Division of Corporation Finance Releases Updated Financial Reporting Manual
- SEC Staff Issues Compliance Guide for Small Entities
- SEC Issues Technical Amendments to Conform Various Rules, Forms, and Schedules to Statements 141(R) and 160
- SEC Issues New Compliance and Disclosure Interpretations
- Other SEC Rules Issued or Proposed in April 2009
- PCAOB (Public Company Accounting Oversight Board) Issues Staff Practice Alert 4 Regarding Fair Value Measurements, Disclosures, and Other-Than-Temporary Impairments
- PCAOB Issues Concept Release on Possible Revisions to Audit Confirmations Standard
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) Proposes Clarifying and Converging SAS
- AICPA Issues Exposure Draft on Compilation and Review Standards
- AICPA Issues Guidance on Applying Agreed-Upon Procedures to XBRL-Tagged Data
Links to additional information are provided for most topics.
Accounting Roundup, published by Deloitte & Touche LLP, briefly describes recent U.S. regulatory and professional developments in the field of accounting. In each issue, visitors find summaries with hyperlinks to more detailed information. Accounting Roundup acts as a resource guide for accounting, financial, investment, legal, tax, and other business professionals.
Find the complete April 2009 issue of Accounting Roundup in the PDF attachment. Or visit our Accounting Roundup Archive, where you can access past issues and other special editions.