A new direction for global mobility
As more and more organizations continue to expand internationally, Deloitte set out to understand current perceptions of the global mobility function and how it aligns with the wider business and talent objectives. Strategic Moves is the first in a series of global surveys conducted by Deloitte UK, which collected insights from both business and HR executives on today’s workforce mobility challenges.
- Nearly 50% of all organizations view emerging markets as a top strategic business issue.
- ‘Globalization’ is listed as one of top three strategic business issues by 1 in every 5 respondents.
- 75% of companies anticipate the number of globally mobile employees to increase over the next 3-5 years.
- Only 2% of organizations feel there is currently complete alignment between its global mobility strategy and business and talent objectives – although almost 90% feel it is important.
- Almost 40% feel their global mobility program needs significant or radical improvement.