Drilling and Completions Analytics Toolset
Drilling for insight
Deloitte’s Drilling and Completions Analytics Toolset (DCAT) allows Oil & Gas companies to quickly assess and benchmark on how their costs and performance stack up against the competition—enabling data-driven strategies and decision-making through repeatable and scalable analyses that are more timely, accurate, and consistent than traditional benchmarking methods.
The DCAT toolset automates and standardizes data entry and analysis. Users can quickly map company-specific cost categories to standardized categories, which drastically reduces the amount of time spent normalizing data. Any project or data set uploaded to DCAT is fully reusable, making it simple to repeat an analysis or conduct more frequent assessments. In addition, DCAT’s interactive dashboards — which are instantly available once data is uploaded — provide an easy-to-use yet powerful tool for analyzing complex data and helping stakeholders understand current performance. By using DCAT, Operators can quickly highlight opportunity areas and partner with other companies to develop actionable insights across the value chain.
Deloitte’s experienced Oil and Gas professionals can help operators use DCAT to create actionable and effective strategies for cost reduction and performance improvement. Drilling and completion comparisons across wells, operators, and regions can be used to determine focus areas, followed by detailed analysis to help companies achieve their specific cost reduction and performance goals.
Specific project offerings include:
- Single Operator comparative analysis — Analyzing a group of one Operator’s wells in a particular area or region to identify and understand variances in costs and performance within the data set.
- Competitive analysis — Deloitte operates as an independent third party and compiles cost and operational data from two Operators within the same region or area. The data is analyzed and a high-level summary report is prepared highlighting where both Operators have opportunities for improvement.
- Produce repeatable and scalable studies that are more timely, accurate, and consistent
- Decrease time and cost required to conduct individual comparative assessments
- Standardize approach and performance definitions to improve consistency across operators and studies
- Provide instant access to performance and cost analysis through interactive dashboards and enhanced visualization tools