Drilling and Completions Analytics Toolset (DCAT)
In the face of lower commodity prices, oil and gas operators are putting development costs and operational parameters under a microscope — and data has a big role to play in that effort. Many companies collect a vast amount of raw information on drilling and completions, but do not have the time, resources, or tools to transform that data into actionable insights.
Tap new cost and performance insights
Deloitte professionals use the DCAT tool to help oil and gas companies quickly assess and benchmark their costs and performance, opening the door to more effective data-driven strategies and decision making. After company data is uploaded, DCAT automatically standardizes company-specific cost categories, substantially reducing the time required to normalize and analyze data. This data is reusable, making it simple to repeat an analysis or conduct more frequent assessments. The Deloitte team can use DCAT to conduct a comparative analysis on a single operator’s wells in a specific area or region to identify cost and performance differences. They can also conduct an objective, independent analysis of two operators within the same area or region to identify areas where each company can improve its performance. Both offerings provide oil and gas companies with analytic-driven insights that are more timely and consistent than traditional benchmarking methods.
Using DCAT’s interactive, intuitive dashboards, oil and gas users gain the ability to slice through complex data sets and understand it in new ways. The tool also doubles as a data warehouse, retaining data from previous projects for use in future assessments. The tool can also be configured to operate as an on-site application that can be customized to read directly from a well system.
- Repeatable, scalable studies that are timely and consistent
- Improved cost and time efficiency for conducting individual comparative assessments
- Standardized performance definitions and an industry-tested approach to improve consistency across comparative analysis studies.
- Immediate access to performance and cost analysis through interactive dashboards and enhanced visualization tools
Looking for new ways to put drilling-related data to work for your company? With DCAT, we can help — fast.
Meet our people
- Rick Carr, Principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Christopher Newton, Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting LLP