Deloitte Analytics Platform
Using analytics to address fraud, waste and abuse
The value of analytics is widely recognized as an important tool for uncovering fraud, waste, abuse and potential corruption, or identifying signs of potential problems. But for some companies, the costs, time and resources required to develop analytics capabilities, manage an analytics infrastructure and review volumes of results can exceed what they can or want to commit.
Traditional approaches have involved sampling and testing for known patterns of behavior or focusing on perceived areas of risk, such as duplicate payments. Resulting output is often full of “noise” or false positives, which means analysts still need to sift through rows and rows of transactions to identify accurate “hits.” Additionally, technology continually changes, so keeping abreast of the latest tools and techniques requires a significant time commitment and training. As a result, many organizations are left wondering where to begin.
Deloitte offers a way for companies across industries to assess their fraud and corruption exposures, as well as target entities, business processes and transactions with potentially higher risk factors, without incurring the cost and complexity of building an in-house analytics capability: the Deloitte Analytics Platform.
How we can help
In an era of increased regulatory compliance and fraud exposure, the amount of data collected and available is on the rise. The Deloitte Analytics Platform can help companies understand their fraud and corruption exposures, incidents and controls in this constantly changing fraud landscape — and potentially address issues before they become high-profile problems.
Additional benefits may include:
- Effectively targeting specific areas of potential risk rather than using broad, standard testing and sampling methodologies.
- Freeing investigative teams and internal audit departments to focus on transactions with high likelihood of problems rather than expending resources to conduct analytics.
- Leveraging a hosted solution to defer infrastructure investment and free limited IT resources to evaluate potential problem areas, map analytics strategy and pursue other higher-value activities.
- Having the flexibility to performing a one-time, slice-in-time assessment or series of ongoing analyses to meet a company’s compliance strategy.
- Deploying on a continuous on scheduled basis may help prevent the typical pay-and-chase model and begin to shift the focus to early detection.
For more information, please download our brochure.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, an affiliate of Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.