China Real Estate Investment Handbook
The details that make a difference
This handbook from Deloitte China's Real Estate Industry practice is for foreign investors, investment advisors, fund managers and others participating in the Chinese market. It provides guidance in the planning and maintenance of real estate investments in China.
Driven by a strong economy, the rapid pace of urbanization, the 2008 Olympic Games and 2010 Shanghai World Exposition, the Chinese real estate market is expected to rise; however, there are many issues which foreign investors must consider and plan for – especially in the areas of accounting and taxation – which can make a significant difference in net return. This handbook looks at those issues, including:
- China real estate market overview
- PRC Accounting - new rules for real estate
- General introduction to China's domestic taxes associated with real estate transactions
- Impact of circular 171
- Mergers and acquisitions in the Chinese real estate market
- Structuring issues for inbound cross-border real estate investment
About Deloitte China
Deloitte China has a strong track record as a professional services provider to foreign and domestic clients in China's real estate sector. It audits more than one third of the property development and construction companies listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
Survey: Hong Kong Developers' China Investment Strategy Survey – Going Forward with Confidence