Outsourcing Today and Tomorrow: Insights from Deloitte’s 2012 Global Outsourcing and Insourcing Survey
Effective outsourcing requires a clear understanding of the business drivers and goals, a commitment to seeing the effort through, careful planning and oversight, meticulous attention to detail – and a lot of very hard work. It is a discrete business discipline requiring specialized skills that cannot easily be developed on the fly.
Deloitte’s 2012 global outsourcing and insourcing survey offers a glimpse into the current and expected future outsourcing practices of the survey participants. In this publication, we explore several of the survey’s topics in more depth, drawing on our results as a starting point for each discussion:
- Outsourcing has gone mainstream but is far from reaching its full potential
- Rhetoric aside, outsourcing does not necessarily mean offshoring
- The cloud is expected to revolutionize outsourcing – soon
- Cost drives adoption, but service drives satisfaction
- When outsourcing doesn’t work, consider insourcing
- Innovation and improvement are everyone’s job
Outsourcing can offer the potential for great value, and the future of outsourcing will likely belong to those who appreciate the distinctive demands of effective outsourcing – and who invest in helping their organizations address them.
As used in this document, 'Deloitte' means Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.