Deloitte & Touche LLP has experienced J-SOX professionals throughout the United States and in all major countries around the world. Our global footprint enhances our ability to support your company’s effort to comply with J-SOX requirements. Additionally, we can provide bilingual services which can support ease of communication on multi-national J-SOX projects.
Year two and beyond
Internal control rationalization
- Assist your company with Financial Risk Assessment to identify high risk areas to focus on
- Assist your company with rationalizing internal controls by applying the risk-based top-down approach
- Assist your company with designing effective monitoring controls and IT controls, reducing lower-level manual controls
Internal control testing and remediation
- Assist your company with improving test plans including designing cost effective approach
- Perform the internal control audit
- Assist your company with internal control testing and remediation of identified deficiencies
First year compliance
Project initiation and planning
- Assist your company in establishing a local Project Management Office (PMO) for its internal control study and documentation initiative
- Provide training and education regarding J-SOX in an effort to leverage your company’s personnel
- Assist your company in developing and implementing project progress and communication protocols designed to promote effective project tracking
- Assist management with aligning the company’s internal control study with existing quality improvement and business process improvement initiatives in an effort to leverage internal subject matter experts and to use existing process knowledge and documentation.
Documentation of Internal Control
Assist your company with its development and documentation of control objectives
Assist your company with facilitated workshops, surveys and interviews with process owners to understand and document the existing business processes, associated risks and controls
Assist your company with its deployment of a customized database or spreadsheet that serves as a repository for the documentation of key business processes, potential control deficiencies, management’s prioritization, and follow-up action plans.
Assessment of Internal Control
Assist your company with its design of the initial assessment of control effectiveness
Assist your company with testing controls in an effort to validate the identification of the potential control deficiencies as compared to the internal control framework
Assist your company with the implementation and selection of additional processes or controls in an effort to facilitate a reduction or elimination of control deficiencies.
Internal Control Testing and Remediation
Assist your company with developing test plans
Perform a dry run of the internal control audit
Perform the internal control audit
Assist your company with internal control testing and remediation of identified deficiencies.
Our qualifications and experience
Deloitte & Touche LLP has established a U.S. J-SOX Project Management Office in New York. The PMO coordinates with the Global Project Management office in Tokyo.
Our Enterprise Risk Services (“ERS”) practice provides a wide variety of J-SOX readiness services. Additionally, when needed, we draw upon other specialists in tax, human capital, financial advisory services and other areas of specialized knowledge.
Our ERS practice has developed a comprehensive enterprise risk practice methodology, tools and techniques, and training programs to deliver top-quality risk advisory services. Wherever we perform our work, we consistently utilize our standard Deloitte & Touche tools and methodologies.
Our ERS practitioners are market leaders in the development and deployment of the top-down, risk-based approach to J-SOX compliance that focuses on Financial Risks and not just documenting all business processes.
Globally, we are providing J-SOX readiness services to numerous attest and non-attest clients, including approximately 50 large Japanese multi-national companies. In the U.S. we are providing J-SOX readiness services to numerous Japanese-owned U.S. companies.
As one of the world’s largest professional services firms, we have a large pool of full-time, permanent professionals from which to draw. During the past three years, we have staffed U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley projects for more than 850 domestic companies and 1,000 global companies.
Within ERS and throughout Deloitte, we have a large number of bilingual resources who are coordinated through our Japanese Services Group and can facilitate seamless communication with your parent company and its auditor as needed. Additionally, we have offices where you operate and will staff the project with local resources in your respective locations to help manage costs.
Our ERS practice consists of a global network of over 10,000 professionals in the U.S., Europe, Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region.