Meet John P. Sordillo
Partner, Deloitte CRG
John Sordillo’s extensive experience includes facilitating the operational turnaround of companies, developing strategic alternatives for businesses undergoing significant change and performing due diligence in connection with plans of reorganization and the sale and purchase of distressed assets.
Mr. Sordillo specializes in managing operational, financial, analytical, and legal challenges. He has also sourced both non-distressed and distressed media and communication investment opportunities, and provided due diligence and deal structure support on prospective investment opportunities.
A few notable engagements include:
- Served as a board member for a green-field cable company operating in the U.K. where he provided guidance on capital structure issues, raised debt facility, negotiated shareholder agreements, and led the fund in the decision to make a $60 million direct investment in the company
- Acted as the lead deal manager on a $125 million tender offer for the publicly traded U.S. debt of a Brazilian wireless messaging company where he assisted management in developing the business case for the tender and negotiating the tender price with stakeholders, succeeding in securing the tender of 90% of the issue
- Acted as financial advisor to a bank syndicate where he negotiated the terms and covenants for the DIP credit facility, analyzed and evaluated the company’s business plan, and made recommendations to the syndicate regarding valuation and M&A process
- Served as financial advisor to the unsecured creditors of the leading manufacturer of mining equipment and paper manufacturing equipment in the U.S. and assisted in the evaluation of strategic alternatives. Performed due diligence on business plans critical to the development of a plan of reorganization
- Led a team in the marketing of a middle-market baked product manufacturer, developed a long-term business plan and financial forecast, identified probable acquirers, and conducted negotiations and bid analysis
- Led a team of 10 professionals in the development of a comprehensive business restructuring and operational turnaround plan for one of the largest competitive local exchange carriers where he developed cost reduction strategies, productivity enhancements, operating strategies, and divestiture strategies to facilitate the company’s transformation into an integrated telephone service provider; also served as advisor to the board of directors in connection with the development and implementation of the restructuring plan
- Financial Services
Mr. Sordillo is also a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in New York State, as well as a member of the New York State Bar, American Bar Association, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the Turnaround Management Association.
- B.A., Pace University
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP [and its subsidiaries]. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.