Meet Scott Avila
Principal, Deloitte CRG
With more than 20 years of management and consulting experience, Scott Avila is a seasoned restructuring professional. Mr. Avila helps operationally and financially distressed organizations through out-of-court restructuring and Chapter 11 reorganizations.
Mr. Avila has demonstrated the ability to create value in under performing companies by quickly assessing the situation, developing an appropriate business strategy, and implementing key tactics to quickly generate quantifiable results. These results are typically accomplished through a review of the operational, financial, and macroeconomic challenges facing the organization, followed quickly by development of a plan to capitalize the value of the organization.
Mr. Avila has been instrumental in a number of prominent restructuring, assuming various senior executive and advisory roles on an interim basis.
A few notable engagements include:
- Served as interim chief executive officer (CEO) for an independent TV and movie production facility
- Chief restructuring officer (CRO) of a $250 million international motorcycle products manufacturer and distributor
- Advisor for a $12 billion farm cooperative
- Advisor to the bondholders of a Continuing Care Retirement Community
- CRO for a temporary staffing company
- CRO and chief operating officer (COO) of a $900 million international leasing and computer reseller
- CRO of an international consumer products company
- CRO of an international publishing and media company
- CRO of a $250 million branded apparel manufacturer and distributor
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation
- Construction and Real Estate
- Consumer Products
- Rental and Leasing
- Health Care
- Media, Printing, and Publishing
- Restaurants and Hospitality
- Retail Trade
- Transportation and Warehousing
Mr. Avila is actively involved in numerous professional organizations, and frequently speaks and writes on topics related to turnaround management and corporate renewal.
- B.A., California State University, Hayward
- M.B.A., University of Southern California
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP [and its subsidiaries]. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.