Meet Charles F. Kuoni III
Principal, Deloitte CRG
Chuck Kuoni specializes in maximizing value for distressed, high profile companies through operational and financial improvement initiatives. With more than 25 years of experience, Mr. Kuoni provides strong leadership to companies in complex situations. He has led more than 50 corporate restructurings, and he has served in chief executive officer (CEO)/president, chief restructuring officer (CRO) and chief financial officer (CFO) roles, as well as a consultant to management.
Mr. Kuoni has worked in a variety of turnaround and crisis management environments, providing credible advice and counsel to companies and constituents. He assists clients to identify significant operational improvement initiatives and restructure their balance sheets to achieve sustainable profitability and support long-term growth.
A few notable engagements include:
- President to a $100 million 40-location convenience store chain located in southern Illinois
- President of a subsidiary of a NYSE-listed company facing substantial environmental litigation and labor issues, where he managed the subsidiary through a Chapter 11 proceeding to resolve the environmental litigation; company successfully emerged from Chapter 11 and continues to be number one in its market
- Advisor to an operator of six underground coal mines in refinancing its senior debt and reducing its operating costs; company’s senior debt was successfully refinanced
- Advisor to a private equity company on acquisition due diligence and cost savings opportunities of a multi-national company. Developed a 100-day transition plan to monitor progress in achieving cost savings.
- Executive vice president and CFO for a $450 million health care company, where he filed SEC reports and negotiated the refinancing process for the bank term and revolver debt
- Financial advisor for a $950 million textile manufacturer, where he helped lead the pre-negotiation process of the Chapter 11 filing and provided assistance during the bankruptcy proceedings to rationalize the company’s business operations
- Developed cost improvement initiatives for a $4 billion company with multiple interests, where he was instrumental in the negotiations with the secured lender group, including more than 40 financial institutions
- Chemicals Manufacturing
- Financial Services
- Food Manufacturing and Services
- Health Care
- Professional Services
Mr. Kuoni earned his Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation in Illinois and is a Certified Turnaround Professional. In addition, Mr. Kuoni is a member of the AICPA, Illinois CPA Society, Turnaround Management Association and the American Bankruptcy Institute.
- B.A., Texas Christian University
- M.B.A., Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP [and its subsidiaries]. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.