Meet Lisa Poulin
Principal, Deloitte CRG
Lisa Poulin is a senior executive with more than 30 years of turnaround management and advisory experience. She has served as a CRO, court-appointed Chapter 11 trustee, and financial advisor, and has also been involved in both in- and out-of-court restructurings, serving companies, creditors, or equity holders. She focuses on maximizing value and has been instrumental in a number of prominent, complex restructurings, with varied responsibilities.
A few notable engagements include:
- Represented a secured lender in a 22-hotel chain case providing testimony on a wide variety of issues including budgets, capital expenditures, operating performance, cram down interest rates, and feasibility
- CRO of Black Angus, a steakhouse chain with approximately 70 locations whose assets were sold in a Chapter 11 process and currently continues to operate successfully as a 40 store chain
- Provided expert testimony on feasibility and comparison of competing plans in the Asarco LLC case for equity who successfully retained equity and obtained dismissal of an $8 billion avoidance action judgment
- Advised a privately held company offering independent care and assisted living facilities with a network of 23 campuses on its negotiation with lenders as it attempted to raise equity and refinance some of its debt
- Appointed Chapter 11 trustee for USA Investment Partners LLC, and its related entities including USA Investors VI, Tree Moss LLC and HMA Sales LLC, Capital Land Investors LLC; PurchasePro Inc., living.com, and Shaw Furniture Galleries
- Advised Musicland Group Inc., a $1 billion specialty retailer, during its bankruptcy and served as interim CEO of Tower Records
- Served as chief restructuring officer (CRO) of Environmental Elements Corporation, an engineering company with international operations, through the sale of the business in a Chapter 11 proceeding
- Advised Oakwood Homes Corporation, an $800 million manufactured housing company, during its bankruptcy process, including obtaining a $250 million DIP loan
- Served as interim acting CRO of Seitel Inc. after the CEO and CFO left the company; was involved in cost reductions, developing and implementing underwriting policies, business plan development, designing a compensation program, performing special investigations, and negotiating a forbearance agreement with bondholders
- Commodity Trading
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Internet Companies
- Mobile Homes
- Oil and Gas
- Real Estate
Ms. Poulin has served as an advisor to numerous companies both in and out of court, and has testified on a wide range of issues. She is a frequent speaker and author on insolvency and turnaround management, as well as a Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP) and a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA). Ms. Poulin serves as the 2012 past chair of the International Turnaround Management and is a member of AIRA, ABI and the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (2012 Treasurer for the Maryland chapter). In addition, Ms. Poulin has held numerous board positions with Nexus Recovery Center Inc. and is on the audit committee of Mary’s Center.
- B.A., Bucknell University
- M.B.A., University of Pittsburgh
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP [and its subsidiaries]. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.