Meet Tom O'Donoghue
Director, Deloitte CRG
With more than 25 years as a turnaround manager, financial advisor, investor and corporate executive, Tom O’Donoghue provides a special perspective on and a deep understanding of businesses and the challenges they face. His restructuring leadership has allowed him to effect meaningful change for organizations in a wide range of industries.
Mr. O’Donoghue maximizes value through the development and implementation of effective turnaround business plans. He is a strong leader who collaborates effectively with management teams to produce positive outcomes for each different situation. His approach is to assess the financial challenges of a business and mitigate them by utilizing existing employee resources.
Prior to joining Deloitte CRG, Mr. O’Donoghue was a senior workout officer with a major cash flow lender. In this role, he worked with private equity sponsors and their management teams to develop feasible restructuring plans, and continued there as a principal of the lender’s equity investment group that invested in distressed situations. In these positions, Mr. O’Donoghue influenced the rehabilitation of client companies, returning them to profitability.
A few notable engagements include:
- Chief restructuring officer (CRO) of a national gift products company selling Major League Sports licensed products to major retailers
- CRO of a national frozen pie, bread and cookie manufacturer serving the retail and wholesale channels in the U.S. and U.K.
- CRO of a $250 million multi-plant automotive supplier of stampings and sub assemblies for domestic OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers
- Operating trustee, approved by the Department of Justice, of a $350 million Internet provider
CRO of a 165-bed not-for-profit acute care teaching hospital
- Chief restructuring advisor (CRA) to a large regional construction equipment company, which provided equipment for sale and rent, reorganized through Chapter 11 proceedings
- CFO of specialty construction and manufacturer of storefront and curtain wall products; major bonded projects throughout the U.S.
- Health Care
- Retail and Services
Mr. O’Donoghue is currently a Certified Turnaround Professional and a member of the Turnaround Management Association.
- B.S., University of Notre Dame
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, an affiliate of Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.