Meet Tom O'Donoghue
Director, Deloitte CRG
With more than 25 years as a turnaround manager, financial advisor, investor and corporate executive, Tom O’Donoghue provides a special perspective on and a deep understanding of businesses and the challenges they face. His restructuring leadership has allowed him to effect meaningful change for organizations in a wide range of industries.
Mr. O’Donoghue maximizes value through the development and implementation of effective turnaround business plans. He is a strong leader who collaborates effectively with management teams to produce positive outcomes for each different situation. His approach is to assess the financial challenges of a business and mitigate them by utilizing existing employee resources.
Prior to joining Deloitte CRG, Mr. O’Donoghue was a senior workout officer with a major cash flow lender. In this role, he worked with private equity sponsors and their management teams to develop feasible restructuring plans, and continued there as a principal of the lender’s equity investment group that invested in distressed situations. In these positions, Mr. O’Donoghue influenced the rehabilitation of client companies, returning them to profitability.
A few notable engagements include:
- Chief restructuring officer (CRO) of a national gift products company selling Major League Sports licensed products to major retailers
- CRO of a national frozen pie, bread and cookie manufacturer serving the retail and wholesale channels in the U.S. and U.K.
- CRO of a $250 million multi-plant automotive supplier of stampings and sub assemblies for domestic OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers
- Operating trustee, approved by the Department of Justice, of a $350 million Internet provider
CRO of a 165-bed not-for-profit acute care teaching hospital
- Chief restructuring advisor (CRA) to a large regional construction equipment company, which provided equipment for sale and rent, reorganized through Chapter 11 proceedings
- CFO of specialty construction and manufacturer of storefront and curtain wall products; major bonded projects throughout the U.S.
- Health Care
- Retail and Services
Mr. O’Donoghue is currently a Certified Turnaround Professional and a member of the Turnaround Management Association.
- B.A., University of Notre Dame
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP [and its subsidiaries]. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.