Meet William Snyder
Principal, Corporate Restructuring Group
William Snyder is a principal with Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP (Deloitte FAS) and the national service line co-leader for its Corporate Restructuring Group. With executive and entrepreneurial experience spanning more than 30 years, Mr. Snyder is a broadly experienced interim executive and advisor who has participated in the restructuring of more than 70 companies and brings a results-driven leadership to complex and crisis situations.
Mr. Snyder has been in the restructuring business since 1989. He has worked for several prominent national firms running major assignments prior to founding his own firm in 2001. Most recently, Mr. Snyder was a managing partner at CRG Partners LLC, which was a leading provider of operational and financial restructuring services, specializing in creating value for the stakeholders of underperforming companies. Earlier in his career, Mr. Snyder was president of the Snyder Company where he managed family investments that included operating companies, limited partnerships and securities.
Mr. Snyder has restructured, managed and guided a multitude of companies in a wide variety of industries, including:
- Accessory / Textile
- Food Service
- High Tech
- Transportation and Logistics
His recent interim-management engagements include:
- Court-appointed chief restructuring officer (CRO) of the Texas Rangers baseball team
- CRO of Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation, a $7.6 billion integrated poultry company
- Court-appointed examiner of a $6.5 billion merchant energy company
- CRO of a $250 million fire engine and chassis manufacturer
- Chief operating officer (COO) of a $200 million furnishing retailer
- Chief executive officer (CEO) of a $210 million mattress retailer
- Chief financial officer (CFO) of a $250 million building products manufacturer
- CFO of a $250 million computer manufacturer
- Primary advisor to a $500 million staffing company, a $1.4 billion logistics company and a $2 billion construction contractor
Mr. Snyder holds a bachelor's degree, cum laude, in computer science from Texas A&M University.
Mr. Snyder is a Certified Turnaround Professional and has received numerous distinctions over the years, including being named to Turnarounds & Workouts' 2007 People to Watch list.