Meet Dallas M. (Mike) Darland
Director, Deloitte CRG
Mike Darland has more than 25 years of experience in executive level operational, R&D and business development roles. He has served in enterprise leadership positions and as an advisor or consultant to many large and mid-market commercial companies. Mr. Darland specializes in operational improvement, integrated supply chain management, corporate strategy and enterprise performance, and has experience in a variety of industries.
Previously, Mr. Darland was vice president of supply chain and chief procurement officer for a multi-billion dollar integrated pulp and paper company. While there, he was a member of the senior executive committee, served as compliance officer and led several globalization activities. Prior to this, Mr. Darland was an executive for a global consumer electronics and camera company, serving as operations director for the several divisions of film assembly, chemical manufacturing and imaging media, as well as program leadership for globalization of procurement and several new product developments.
A few notable engagements include:
- Chief executive officer (CEO) of a novel, highly patented water distillation system
- CEO of a restructured cabinetry company
- Chief operating officer (COO) of the world’s largest greenhouse facilities / produce distribution
- COO of a food processing company – nutrition and health products manufacturing and distribution
- Led operational restructuring of an $8 billion agribusiness. CRG received multiple awards, including the mega turnaround of the year
- Led the turnaround (chief restructuring officer) of a $100 million food processing / beverage company
- Led the carve out and implementation for a $300 million equipment rental acquisition
- Led pre-acquisition due diligence teams for many private equity investments in diverse business sectors
- Multiple assessments and performance improvement activities for companies in a wide spectrum of industries with highly successful results, including both mid-market and major global industries.
- Consumer Packaged Goods
- Pulp, Paper, and Forestry
- Retail and Wholesale Food/Beverage Products
- Transportation Logistics
- Water Purification Systems
Mr. Darland is a Certified Professional in Supply Management and is recognized as world-class experienced in supply chain operations. Mr. Darland served as a nuclear submarine officer, was certified professional engineer on multiple reactor facilities and is recently retired as a Captain in the Naval Reserves after five command tours.
- B.S., U.S. Naval Academy
- M.B.A., University of Massachusetts
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP [and its subsidiaries]. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.