Meet Gene Baldwin
Director, Deloitte CRG
Gene Baldwin has more than 25 years of interim management and advisory experience. He is a corporate leader with a well established reputation for his ability to assess, develop, and implement operational and financial improvement initiatives that enhance enterprise value for stakeholders. He has successfully served as chief executive officer (CEO), chief financial officer (CFO), chief operating officer (COO) and president, and acted as an advisor for numerous companies in many industries.
Mr. Baldwin has served in various senior-executive roles, managing companies through complex operational and financial restructurings as well as advising a multitude of companies though complex out-of-court and Chapter 11 restructurings. His leadership and experience have enabled companies to develop and implement effective restructuring plans, improve efficiencies, reduce costs, and significantly improving operating results.
A few notable engagements include:
- Served as president and chief restructuring officer of a 350-unit franchised quick-service restaurant chain with total system sales of nearly $400 million, where his improvements resulted in an increase in EBITDA from a projected $7 million to more than $10 million, with EBITDA projected at $14 million for the following year
- Interim CFO for a $325 million publicly held restaurant chain
- Interim President and CRO for an 82-unit steakhouse chain
- Interim COO for a 91-unit cafeteria chain
- CFO for a 130-unit fast food franchisee, and at least 20 other financial advisory assignments in the restaurant industry
- CFO and a member of the board of directors for a $200 million diversified holding company whose affiliated companies operated the energy and real estate industries
- Other representative advisory engagements include services to a $1.8 billion construction company, a $250 million computer manufacturer, a $200 million snack food manufacturer and distributor, a $100 million manufacturer of electrical transformers, a $400 million retail grocer, a 65-unit department store chain, and a private university.
- Financial Services
- Real Estate
Mr. Baldwin is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and has been awarded the Certified Turnaround Professional designation from the Turnaround Management Association. He is a frequent speaker at restaurant finance conferences and is also the author of several articles about the operational and financial management of multiunit retail businesses.
- B.A., Pittsburg State University
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP [and its subsidiaries]. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.