Meet John Little
Principal, Deloitte CRG
John Little has more than 25 years of management and leadership experience, and specializes in financial restructuring services both out of and in Chapter 11. He has led such assignments for troubled companies, secured lenders, unsecured creditors, and equity investors. These engagements involved services including working capital management, debt capacity, business plan analysis and development, performance improvement, plan feasibility, vendor and business partner diligence, pension funding, financing, plans of reorganization, leasehold and real estate related matters, cash flow modeling, break-even analysis, store closure analysis, accounting issues, as well as many other troubled company issues. He has also valued companies in bankruptcy and coauthored an article on this topic, in addition to testifying in Federal Bankruptcy Court. Mr. Little’s other valuation engagements include mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, financing, gift and estate tax planning, litigation support, and other special projects. In addition to restructuring services, he also provides settlement services, including capacity to pay analysis, and has coauthored articles on this topic as well.
A few notable engagements include:
- Bankruptcy consultant to a $20+ billion international airline
- Advisor to global oil company regarding capacity to pay off several of its global counterparties
- Financial advisor to a $275 million global manufacturer and supplier of copper tubing and fabricated products
- Financial advisor to a $5+ billion global specialty retailer
- Restructuring advisor to a $500 million manufacturer of residential windows and patio doors
- Financial advisor to a lender for a $30 million restaurant operator
- Financial advisor to $500 million gas turbine services company
- Financial advisor to $100 million debt bank syndicate in global logistics company restructuring
- Financial Services
- Oil and Gas
- Professional Services
- Wholesale Supply
Mr. Little holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and a Certificate in Distressed Business Valuation (CDBV) from the AIRA. He also has the Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP) designation and Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA). Prior to joining Deloitte FAS, Mr. Little served as an active duty officer in U.S. Army Engineer and Special Forces (Green Beret) units, and retired from the Army Reserves as a Major.
- B.A., Wake Forest University
- M.B.A., University of Texas at Arlington
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP [and its subsidiaries]. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.