Meet Neil Heyside
Director, Deloitte CRG
Neil Heyside is a seasoned senior executive with more than 20 years of experience in process improvement, change management and operational reengineering in the U.K., U.S., Europe and South Africa, delivering tailor-made solutions to his clients. He has served numerous large and small companies in a wide array of industries.
Mr. Heyside provides strong, flexible leadership, working closely with management teams to devise powerful and effective operational improvement programs that unlock the incremental value of core business processes, such as production planning and scheduling, inventory management, customer service, information technology and transportation. Utilizing an iterative process, he offers his clients a rigorous and effective methodology that focuses on aligning systems, people, resources and business processes to drive the implementation of high-impact improvement strategies that produce quantifiable results.
Mr. Heyside also possesses particular knowledge within the media and publishing industry. He has represented more than 950 publishing titles and has implemented improvement programs across virtually all functions of an organization, a significant portion being editorial departments. He has demonstrated the ability to significantly streamline the operations of publishing companies through implementation of cost redeployment and reduction without sacrificing quality or performance.
A few notable engagements include:
- Led a transformation program for a large U.S. daily and Sunday newspaper, where he integrated print and online sales teams, resulting in a 32% increase in total sales capacity and reinvested $2.5 million in the online operation to yield an anticipated $18 million of incremental online revenue in 2010
- Worked with a leading regional publishing group in the U.K. to restructured the sales force, its processes and its incentives, resulting in a 20% increase in revenue above plan
- Advised one of the world’s largest media groups, specializing in children’s magazines and books, where he reduced inventory levels and increased turns from 2 to 3.5, reduced direct costs by 38% through functional consolidation and improved planning and scheduling and reduced content creation costs by 20%
- Led the operational restructuring program for one of Europe’s largest multimedia groups, comprising trade and business directories and magazines, exhibitions, conferences and award programs; focused on cost reduction and sales force effectiveness
- Recently completed an interim chief executive officer (CEO) appointment leading a regional newspaper group through a transformation program from print-centric to a multimedia-focused organization with an emphasis on implementing digital services and products to existing print customers
- Financial Services
- Food Processing
- Health Care
- Media and Publishing
- Waste Management
Mr. Heyside is also a frequent presenter at conferences in the U.K. and in the U.S. on the topic of change management.
- B.A., University of Liverpool
- J.D., University of Liverpool
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP [and its subsidiaries]. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.