Meet Scott Pinsonnault
Director, Deloitte CRG
Scott Pinsonnault is a seasoned executive with 17 years of operating and financial experience, specifically in energy, oil and gas, and related industries. He has worked with companies, equity sponsors, secured lenders, unsecured creditor committees, boards of directors/special committees, creditor trusts, sureties/bond insurance companies, bond holders, and regulatory agencies. Mr. Pinsonnault has a strong technical background that includes five years of hands-on geologic, operational, and engineering experience with a major integrated oil and gas company, and has worked to finance throughout the capital structure in energy, exploration, and production and oilfield service companies.
Mr. Pinsonnault’s additional professional experience includes sourcing, underwriting, and managing a diverse array of energy and oil and gas investments throughout the capital structure of middle-market energy, with a specific focus on debtor and creditor financial advisory engagements. He has also served as CRO for two oil and gas companies; managing director in charge of oil and gas lending for a large European bank; and vice president of originations for an oil and gas private equity fund.
A few notable engagements include:
- Chief restructuring officer (CRO) for an oil and gas exploration and production company where he helped evaluate all aspects of the company, including assets relative to a proposed disposition program, financial statements, and contractual obligations, in order to develop alternatives
- Restructuring advisor responsible for reorganizing and restructuring a $675 million oil exploration and production company; also served as consulting chief financial officer (CFO) to develop strategic financing alternatives for the company, which was capitalized with $150 million of senior debt, $25 million of sub-debt, and more than $475 million of preferred and common equity
- Restructuring advisor responsible for restructuring equity, debt, and tax credits for three wind-power project investments, where he worked with co-equity to define and correct operational issues, negotiated extension of manufacturer warranty based on technical issues, and restructured debt and equity
- Financial advisor employed by a secured lender group to provide financial advisory and valuation services related to its credit exposure in an offshore oil and gas production company
- Financial advisor retained by a secured lender group to provide financial advisory and valuation services related to its credit exposure in an offshore Gulf of Mexico exploration and production company in Chapter 11
- Oil and Gas E&P
- Oil and Gas Services
- Oil and Gas Manufacturing
- Coal Mining and Extraction
- Energy Equipment Manufacturing
- Renewable Power Generation
- Refining and Marketing
- Power Generation
- Power Distribution
Mr. Pinsonnault is also a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, and the Academy of Management.
- B.A., St. Lawrence University
- M.S., Texas A&M University
- M.B.A., Tulane University
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP [and its subsidiaries]. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.